Stuffed dates are the perfect appetizer for a "Moroccan" night. These chewy, cold treats can be served as a snack, hors d’oeuvre, or dessert. They are easy to make and ridiculously testy. The sweetness of the dates and the savory flavor of the goat cheese make a perfect combination of flavors in your mouth.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 Medjool dried dates, each cut in half, pits removed
- Combine goat cheese, garlic, parsley and salt in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until blended.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of cheese mixture into each split date.
- Serve dates immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 hours, then bring to room temperature and serve.
|Dates cut in half - Great appetizers|
|Large dates - Great for dessert|