Enjoyable on a cold night or to entertain your guest, this cocktail is rich, sweet and so delicious that you will be preparing this everyday in your home.
Ingredients to make one cup of coffee
- six ounces of hot, fresh brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar for sweetness
- 1 ounces of your favorite Irish whiskey
- 1/4 lightly sweetened whipped cream
Using the heavy cream, whip it until it becomes whipped cream. You can add sugar to sweeten. Place into the refrigerator to chill. Once your fresh coffee is brewed, combine it with the whiskey and sugar. Mix it well until the sugar dissolves. Take the whipped cream out and place it on top of the Irish coffee mixture. And voilá, you have in your hands your first homemade Irish coffee recipe.
- Make sure that the whipped cream does not break the surface of the coffee. This may take some time to accomplish but with practice, you will get there.
- Try using a warm spoon to add the whipped cream.
- Try pouring the whip cream over the back of a spoon to help the cream float rather sink into the coffee mixture.
If you want a sweeter twist on your coffee try adding a 1/4 cup of Bailey's. It will give you a more rich sophisticated flavor.
If you're feeling the "Irish spirit" this week, you can enjoy your coffee with a dark chocolate and Irish cream cupcake from Sprinkles... My favorites!
Off course, I had an amazing dessert after the photo shoot! :)