Cold weather is back! And one of the things I enjoy the most of being cold (besides wearing boots) is getting home and snuggling with a cup of hot chocolate. For those who share the same chocolate addiction as I do, here is the most delicious treat for this cool weather! They are called Hot Chocolate Spoons- easy to remember right? Well, these spoons make hot chocolate very simple; you just need to add hot milk (any type you like) and you've made yourself a perfect cup of hot cocoa.
These can be a great gift for the holidays. Be creative and add different flavors like: Kahlua, Baileys, Coffee, Vanilla or peanut butter. Or you can bet always taste delicious with cocoa.
Here it is what you need:
- 2 packs of semi-sweet baking chocolate (Baker's, Nestle morsels or any type you like)
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (Hershey's cocoa, Nestle Abuelita, or similar)
- Your choice of added flavor (I used Kahlua, Baileys and coffee).
- Small wooden sticks
- Ice cube tray- preferably made with Silicone. If you don't have one, you can use a regular ice cube tray but make sure you put butter before you add the chocolate, that way it wont stick to the tray. Of course you can also use a chocolate mold.
How to make it:
- Add water to a large container (little more than 1/2) and put a smaller container filled with chocolate inside the larger container (Water Bath or Bain Marie).
- Add the cocoa powder and cover the small container with plastic wrap.
- Heat both containers in the microwave (as shown in step 2) for 3-4 min until the chocolate is melted.
- With a spoon, cover 3/4 of each square on the ice cube tray and add the flavor of your choice. Mix with the chocolate until you get a uniform consistency.
- Add the wooden sticks (for a creative twist, you can always add words, colors or names to the sticks to make it look more fun).
- Put it in the freezer for 45 min and then remove them from the tray letting them dry for a couple of minutes.
- Wrap them with gift paper and add colorful ribbons to give them a nice presentation.
Hot cup of milk + Hot chocolate spoon = Delicious hot cocoa